Re: [tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and Anonymity

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:28:42 +0100
Mark McCarron <mark.mccarron@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been examining the number of what would normally be deemed as
> illegal sites sites on Tor.  Eliminating the narcotics trade, as
> these tend to be intelligence agency backed enterprises, a serious
> decline has been noted across the board.
>
> This would tend to suggest that exposure is common place and users no
> longer feel safe.  In the more serious categories, such as child porn
> and violent sexual material, no functioning open sites remain and
> many of the sites that require registration are crippled.  The entire
> planet has been scrubbed.
>
> This, it would seem, indicates that Tor has been compromised on a
> global scale with very little fanfare or moves to correct the
> situation.

	Yep. For instance, the ´owners´ of the original hidden wiki were
	somehow forced to censor their own site by some kind of
	anonymous clowns.

	By anynomous I mean both in the literal sense, and as retards
	perhaps related  to the clown ´hacker´ ´collective´
	¨anonymous¨(tm)

	So, how was that done? How do a bunch of script kiddies get to
	dictate what the owner of a long standing service does?

> Does anyone have any insights into the problem?

	I bet that any of the tor apoligists here would fail to provide
	any insight into the problem .

	They will parrot that

	1) tor is open source!!!

	2) any compromise of a service hosted in the onion network can
	be ´explained´ (away) by PHP exploits.