Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:11:50 +0100
From: mbm@xxxxxxxxxx
To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and Anonymity

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:05:06 -0400
tor@xxxxxxx allegedly wrote:

> I have a hard time believing that you've been effectively tracking so
> much 'child porn, rape, snuff videos' content that you can
> conclusively say that all such content has suddenly disappeared from
> Tor. My knowledge about the way that kind of content works is, that
> no one person would be able to access much of it unless they were a
> creator/trader of the stuff. Such a person would be trying to be
> low-key about it out of fear for themselves, not posting in this list
> and seeming to admit to having been tracking that content. So - - not
> a match, for whatever reason.

Interesting point. In many, if not most, countries the very act of
accessing such material is illegal. Yet, McCarron, in his post of 25
June, admitted on this public email list that he now had difficulty
accessing "the more serious categories, such as child porn and
violent sexual material".

That strikes me as stupid. Certainly it is not "low key" as you say.

Mick

 Mick Morgan
 gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
 http://baldric.net