Re: [tor-talk] "Tor Browsers" on SourceForge

> - create competing "projects" on sourceforge - open a new account
> "torproject.org" and upload at least one TorBrowser binary - perhaps a
> stub which points the user to the official web page

Beware of SourceForge's recent behaviour (though they've promised not to do
it without consent again) -
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/05/28/sourceforge_accused_of_shackling_gimp_in_kinky_adware/
- if something goes up on SF it needs to be maintained to avoid being
considered abandoned, and in the case of a few projects, wrapped in Adware
by Sourceforge themselves.

It's also potentially tricky getting projects removed once they're there -
http://sourceforge.net/p/easyhtml5/tracinst/Removing%20a%20project/

If it was me, I'd create an official page, with no releases on it, but a
link to the correct location to get Tor from, Sourceforge is not what it
once was...

Ben Tasker
https://www.bentasker.co.uk