Re: [tor-talk] Hidden service honeypot

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 6:36 PM,  <bidet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The landing page includes some javascript that looks shady.
> I'm interested in knowing how this affects the tor browser and tails, and
> could this technique be used in other scenarios by different adversaries.

If one thinks that TBB and VM is all that is needed to protect oneself
from random driveby 0day exploits, you need to think again. The
minimum is independant routing into tor via external device. And
even that assumes tor and the device and its stack aren't breakable
or broken. Layer defences, do not use just one.