Re: [tor-talk] Tor birdy fails downloading public keys.

Hello,

Sophie Hassfurther:
> There are two workarounds that I know of, if you want/have to use
> keyservers:
>
> 1) Look up the key manually, check fingerprint, copy the long block of
> clipboard.
> Now go to your mail program, choose Enigmail -> manage keys -> edit ->
> import key from clipboard.
>
> 2) use gpg with curl support (Linux/OSX only). This is explained in the
> TorBirdy wiki as well [0]
> Scroll down to Additional Add-Ons -> Enigmail.

You can also use this workaround:
3) Near selected message: "Details" dropdown -> "Enigmail Security Info
..." -> copy keyid from an alert window ->
'$ torsocks gpg --recv-key KEYID'.
Also you can specify keyserver via `--keyserver` option.

--
Ivan Markin