Re: [tor-talk] Ntop nDPI 1.8 with enhanced Tor protocol dissector

On Wed, 01 Jun 2016, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> We could imagine cooler approaches, like hooking Tor relays into the
> Let's Encrypt acme engine so they can get legit ssl certs for each
> relay. But even then, they would need legit looking names in the ssl
> certs -- we could start with dyndns addresses, but eventually we'd
> need something better. The rabbit hole goes deep.

Interesting. I do have a weird attraction to rabbit holes.

FTR here a DIY "dyndns at home" solution using bind9, git and ssh keys

https://github.com/dyne/gitzone

for the short-term arms race would be good, and not so hard, to have
relays moved to such a setup.

ciao

--
Denis Roio aka Jaromil   http://Dyne.org think &do tank
  CTO and co-founder      free/open source developers