Re: [tor-talk] Any updates from Tor Project on ioerror?

i dont like this leader stardum fucked upness - dont have leaders and they
cant take them out - but while you are feeling bad for an elitist please
maybe take 1 second to recognize the put upon on this globe

the letter fr Tor states that they were aware of some things before so...

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Ansley Dunbar <ansleydunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I agree-- but I don't think it's a fully-fledged, far-fetched conspiracy
> theory.
>
> Tor has always been in and out of the news, sure, we all know that too
> well, but lately with the endless headlines of FBI! Child porn! Sex
> offenders! Gotta-catch-em-all! the media-hype-machine has all but cemented
> the idea that Tor = pedophiles into the minds of anyone who doesn't know
> better. These allegations about Jacob fit perfectly into that narrative. A
> cesspool for the sexually-deviant must have a sexually-deviant ring-leader,
> right?
>
> And not to single out GCHQ- because I'm sure the following is a common
> tactic- but it matches their old-ass model of "InfoOps" or using "Online
> Covert Action" to "make something happen in the cyber or real world" with
> the "~*~*~*~4-D's~**~*": Deny/Disrupt/Degrade/Deceive. (Decorative emphasis
> added by author)
>

> This is all so fucked up. I feel terrible for him.
>

> On 6/4/16 20:29, moosehadley@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

>> On Jun 4, 2016, at 7:52 PM, Cecilia Tanaka <cecilia.tanaka@xxxxxxxxx>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Nobody knows exactly what happened
>>>
>> If anything happened at all.
>>
>> Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but this sounds very much like
>> what happened to Assange.
>>
>> It's possible that all the allegations are true.
>> It's possible that an organization (maybe government) wants to destroy
>> his reputation to discredit him.
>>
>> And we'll never know 100%.
>>
>> Whatever the case may be, I think gossip and speculation on the personal
>> life of a former member is a little too off-topic, and the kind of thing
>> that makes people take sides and tear communities apart.
>>

> --

Cari Machet
NYC 646-436-7795
carimachet@xxxxxxxxx
AIM carismachet
Syria +963-099 277 3243
Amman +962 077 636 9407
Berlin +49 152 11779219
Reykjavik +354 894 8650
Twitter: @carimachet <https://twitter.com/carimachet>

7035 690E 5E47 41D4 B0E5 B3D1 AF90 49D6 BE09 2187

Ruh-roh, this is now necessary: This email is intended only for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of this
information, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email without
permission is strictly prohibited.