Re: [tor-talk] Tor (and other nets) probably screwed by Traffic Analysis by now

> Another idea is to use
> search engines that protect your privacy such as ixquick or duckduckgo
> (they store search queries but they don't track individuals (I.e they
> don't store your IP Address, as far as we know that is).
Those are solutions of a different kind. What I'm trying to describe is
an "everyone gets everything" private information retrieval approach,
but where the "everything" stored on your machine has enormous value
to you, outside of its role as cover traffic.
-Jonathan

 On 2016-06-05 13:38, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
>> Prediction market (place your bids):
>> "First networks utilizing fill traffic as TA countermeasure to
> emerge and reach early deployment by year end 2017..."
> It's a bit off-topic, but it's worth keeping in mind what
> the greater free software community is good at-- like
> replicating data-- and what it isn't-- like hiding data.
> For example-- if you've been afraid to look up something
> on Wikipedia for fear of typing "those words" into Google
> or Wikipedia, just download Wikipedia. They have all the
> tools and docs to help you do that, with an archive format
> that probably fits very comfortably in your free hard drive
> space.
> If anyone does this, you'll immediately notice the benefit
> of the approach: that cover traffic isn't just random
> data-- it's Wikipedia. You can use it for future queries
> regardless of subject matter, with a greater probability of
> privacy than anything a future cover-traffic network can get
> you.
> There are many other examples out there. If you spend
> a little time each week thinking about this approach you'll
> find it changes how you use the web and internet. Those
> changes will affect your values, and if enough people do
> this it obviously affects what we want and need out of a
> future cover-traffic network.
>
> -Jonathan

The idea of downloading the Wikipedia archives is pretty good since it
doesn't note the content you were looking for. Another idea is to use