Re: [tor-talk] [OFF-LIST] Re: Has anyone HEARD from IOError since his last tweet?

On 2016-06-05 19:41, Anthony Papillion wrote:

On 6/5/2016 6:35 PM, notfriendly@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 2016-06-05 19:30, Mirimir wrote:
On 2016-06-05 18:17, Anthony Papillion wrote: The last time
IOError tweeted was on 30 May. Has anyone on this list
actually HEARD from him since then? We have to remember that
Jake comes from a really fucked up childhood. Something like
these allegations could push someone over the edge.

Anthony

He might need time to himself for now. He has a lot of
people talking about him right now. He probably needs a
break.

You're probably right. I've just seen this kind of thing get
out of hand before and, innocent or not, people can be pushed
over the edge.

I get where you're coming from, but public comments about his
history, and speculation about suicide, really aren't
appropriate. IMHO, anyway.

Just sayin'.
I agree with that. We shouldn't assume someone died just because
they are not responding to online communications. The speculation
is suicide as you said is indefinably inappropriate. He might need
a break. Another possibility is that he is in an area with a power
or internet outage (I'm not sure why long term but still). These
are all possibilities.

I'm pretty sure I never said he had suicided so there's no
'assumption' there. What I did say is that, in light of the stress
he's under, someone should at least check on him. I mean yes there are
other possibilities but nothing should be flippantly ruled out. At
what point is it 'appropriate' to be concerned? A month? A year?
Never? If we never hear from him again should we simply assume he's
alright and just decided to check out of the community? I guess we're
all allowed our opinions but I choose to err on the side of concern
for a fellow human being who's directly impacted my life. Your choices
might be different.

"I'm pretty sure I never said he had suicided so there's no
'assumption' there."

Ok sorry for making that error in my reading of your messages. I do however say that we should respect his privacy by not having people harass him at his apartment.