Re: [tor-talk] Bittorrent starting to move entirely within anonymous overlay nets

On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 12:52:35AM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> First come the clearnet indexes...
>
> # kickass torrents

Before I blinmked I read that as "first they came for the clearnet
torrents" as a riff on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...

Might be topical at this moment:

First they came for the Bulletin Boards,
and I did not speak out, for I had no need of gratis files.

Then they came for the Usenet,
and I did not speak out, for I had no need of wildly differing opinions.

Then they came for the time shifters and file sharers,
and I did not speak out, for I had no need of others files.

Then they came for the IRC,
and it still survives so still I have no need to speak out.

Then they came for the world wide web,
and I certainly did not speak out, for I had no need of porn.

Then they came for the napster, gnutella, freenet and edonkey,
and still I did not speak out, for I had no need of copyright violating
culture sharers.

Then they came for the clearnet torrents,
and I did not speak out, for I'm busy paying my mortgage and watching footy.

Then they came for the darknet,
and I did not speak out, for I had no need of whistleblowing.

Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak up for me.

With credits to the history of filesharing,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_sharing_timeline

--
Free Australia: www.UPMART.org
Please respect the confidentiality of this email as sensibly warranted.