Re: [tor-talk] Jake Fan-Fic

Well this is useful, it highlights how someone, perhaps more than one,
may well got their nickers in a real tight not over Jake.

And given that any of the below is true (don't know, never met the guy),
such provocative, bluntly sexual, tacky gutter "humour" as he probably
intended it (and hey, perhaps some of that actually works to pick up
chicks - I wouldn't know, I'm not a chick) and the fact that the initial
email/ story of the "onlooker" which triggered the lynch mob has been
shown to be bluntly in error, we do start to get a clearer picture.

Some people really would get a belly laugh out of the below - just watch
any MSM hollywood "comedy" movie these days for the level of humour which
evidently sells a -lot- of tickets. Perhaps Jake was practicing for his
Hollywood debut? Perhaps Jake a compulsive social boundary pusher? Perhaps
these lines worked to pick up partners in the past and really, as in
really really did not work with ja.talk/ dungeonmaster (strange that a
dungeonmaster would get perturbed with penis jokes but hey, perhaps she's
a dungeonmaster with delicate sensibilities...

What I can say from personal experience is that some folks take such
attempts at humour as a violation of their god given right to ever hear
only swallows and tits (two types of birds btw) singing from the rooftops,
and only rainbows and daisy chains on a sunny Sunday morning to ever
assault their eyes. Mild innuendi shall be regarded with deep suspician
and gutter talk shall be vehemently, violently if necessary, stopped, at
least when I find someone to do it for me, like I dunno, may be a lynch
mob...

What is useful is that this particular episode of presumed subtlety (not)
on Jake's presumed part leads us to consider how to provide genuine
processes for actual justice in the face of real or potentially real
crimes (such as rape, property damage or battery of a human by a lynch
mob). I hope some sincere thought continues to be put to this.

Secondly, we are reminded that some cotton wool darlings will and do cross
our paths, and we also need processes to handle the fall out from their
unfortunately tarnished ears. Freedom of speech is definitely not for all,
so for those who desire something different to freedom of speech, we need
ways to handle those types, ways to encourage them in constructive
directions such as creation of forums where they personally are the
moderator, where individuals can feel as though their feelings are
respected and that they are empowered to unleash their perfect world into
a forum with like minded individuals.

And I am reminded that those who push the limits of social sensibility
need a really really thick skin. A thick skin is a good skill to have, but
the pushing part can still have sometimes very serious consequences, as we
may be seeing here.

Looks like ja.talk is knicker knot's needing to be presented as a "clean
look ma I'm only presenting facts" account, where dungeonmaster is her
"damn, the truth that I'm a one disgruntled woman lynch mob instigator is
coming out, and I'm still so reactive I have to try another tack but not
disrupt my first account" account. All postulation of course.

Yes, justice demands accountability. But accountability may be all but
impossible in a lynch mob and so ja.talk come dungeonmaster has possibly
done the most efficient possible exoneration if there was any real
wrongdoing which may now be impossible to properly determine.

I've never met Jake, nor read any of his words that I recall. Until this
thread, Jake Applebaum was just some guy doing a lot of work with the tor
crowd, and someone who Juan probably bitched about (Juan, love you bro,
never stop being you, not that you need to be told :).  But seriously, I
never would have remembered even that.

Now, well, this lynching brouhaha is something I will always remember.

Along with dungeonmaster's knickers (may peace be on them).

 Never knot your nickers 'fore that bad comedic stops,
 For if ya knot your nickers with a public lynching mob
 you may spit a royal dummy losing clarity and the plot!

 But more, listen carefully my ja.talk dungeon dear! No judge nor jury, yet executioner be you,
 inciting others rage, from impotence to lynch mob they do;
 for the day may come on karmas turn,

   where the lynch mob turns on you.

 Anon.

As topical as ever: