Re: [tor-talk] 2 hop mode for people that only want to use Tor for censorship circumvention to conserve bandwidth and decrease latency?

Thanks Nathan.

While it's true VPNs have downsides, if bandwidth (and not anonymity) is
the top priority, Tor may not be the solution for that person. Even if we
drastically increase the number of nodes in the network, it's hard to
imagine Tor (with 3 hops) will be able to have less latency than a single
hop VPN.

(But yes, I agree we are too often quick to push people to VPNs)

Greg Norcie (norcie@xxxxxxx)
Staff Technologist
Center for Democracy & Technology
District of Columbia office