Re: [tor-talk] Reminder to stay on-topic

I've been fairly surprised that the response has been almost entirely positive. The 45-post thread on cypherpunks where Zenaan Harkness called me a "fake man" (classy) notwithstanding.

And is Zenaan banned? No. Is grarpamp or most of the other people who posted in support of Jacob Appelbaum banned? No. And is Jacob Appelbaum himself on the ban list? No. So please let us dispense with the idea that the handful of people banned from this list are being persecuted for their beliefs.

There are thousands of people on this mailing list who receive *every* message -- this is not a forum where off-topic posts can be deleted before being seen. And quite frankly, three weeks of unbridled posting seems like plenty to me.

Tor is a software project, not a telenovela. Please keep posts on-topic in the future. There are endless opportunities to express an opinion online, and everyone is free to seek them out.

best,
Griffin

[1] https://cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2016-June/013527.html
[2] Full list of those blocked: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2016-June/000459.html