Re: [tor-talk] US Federal Court: The Fourth Amendment Does Not Protect Your Home Computer

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 2:19 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> https://www.eff.org/files/2016/06/23/matish_suppression_edva.pdf
>
> <https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/06/23/2040255/federal-court-the-fourth-amendment-does-not-protect-your-home-computer>

The judge's logic is pretty amusing and shocking at the same time:
basically, because of all the malware and software vulnerabilities in the
world, as soon as you connect your computer to the internet, you have no
reasonable expectation of privacy because your computer is probably going
to be hacked by someone, and if it just happens to be the FBI who hacks
your computer, you should have expected that.