Re: [tor-talk] Recent news stories regarding Tor

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 04:56:57AM +0000, cicada_3301@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >>It would be even easier for me to unsubscribe from the tor-talk list,
> >>which
> >>I'm close to doing, and I'm sure a lot of people have already done
> >
> >Well hey, it's probably not going to be around for much longer, anyway.
>

> It is one thing understanding how conversations and ideas are shaped on
> mailing lists, and a different ballgame bringing censorship into the
> picture.

I agree. But Tor Inc, and the so-called "volunteers" who run this and
other mailing lists, are choosing to not provide an uncensored mailing
list.  That doesn't match my prior expectation, but this is the reality.

tor-talk is about to be replaced with tor-users.

tor-users will be "lightly" censored".

tor-talk is going away.

One of grarpamp's links points to the tar trac ticket which explains all
this. The new tor-users list will be advertised to this list.