Re: exit node only server

Nato Welch writes:

> This is where I get to thinking that a balancing act between client
> use and exit use should have been designed in, much like the
> tit-for-tat algorithm built into bittorrent. Sure, anybody can build
> their own app to cheat the protocol, but the majority will just
> install what's easiest to find, provided it works for them.

BitTorrent is able to acheive this in part because peers can
automatically discover each other. Doing this in Tor, while still
providing protection against adversary peers, is more difficult.
Decentralizing the discovery process, for tit-for-tat and other reasons,
is a current area of research and experimentation in Tor.

--
http://www.eff.org/about/staff/#chris_palmer