Re: Question about torrc in Windows

Hello,

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:36:36 -0500, "Roger Dingledine" <arma@xxxxxxx>
said:

> In theory, the win32 installer puts a link to the torrc in your startup
> button. So you never need to care about where the torrc is; you can just
> edit it anyway.

I've been using Tor in client mode since V 0.0.9. I upgraded to each
next version. When I upgraded, I unchecked the "install shortcuts"
option in the installer box, since I already had a shortcut of the
previous version in my Start menu.

I also tend to clean up my Start menu. Somewhere along the way I must
have removed the shortcut to torrc from the Start menu. I never needed
to access torrc in client mode anyway.

> Does this not work? How can we make it clearer that it's there, or easier
> to use, or whatever we're not doing?

As a windows user, I would expect that the configuration could be
changed in a Configuration menu that can be opened from within the
application. This would be the ideal situation. However, I know that Tor
doesn't have a GUI.

Cheers,
Ron
--