Re: debug.log

Thanks, I thought that the debug level was only for errors. Would commenting out all the logging levels then cause no logging to occur at all? Is that probably the best way to run the tor server, or should I have some sort of error logging in place?

On 3/2/06, Geoffrey Goodell <goodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 05:14:57PM -0600, Agent0013 wrote:
> I have been having an issue where my linux tor server is getting the hard
> drive filled after less then a day of useage. I tried changing the logging
> section of the torrc file to only debugging info, but it still seems to have
> a problem. I have since set up a cron job to delete the debug.log file each
> night, but I would rather find out what is causing this file to fill up my
> hard drive.

The "debug" setting is by far the most verbose.  Of course it will fill
your hard drive quickly!  If you want to run Tor for days, I recommend
choosing a less verbose option and not logging at level "debug" at all.

Geoff