Re: torcp problem

You've misunderstood and I should have been more clear.

I sent the email as I assumed that you might have changed the Control Port as well as the ORPort (which is what I had done when I manually edited the torrc file). Assuming that you changed the ControlPort you'd have to change it in both the GUI & the torrc file. If you *didn't* initially change the control port through the torrc file, leave TorCP at its default value (i.e. ignore my initial recommendation).

The ORPort, DirPort & Control Port are all different settings and not directly related to each other. The Control Port is used by TorCP to control Tor.

Ashton

evb wrote:

: If you change the control port in the torrc file, you also :have to change it in the TorCP GUI. Then restart TorCP.

So the "ORPort" in torrc and the "Control Port" in the GUI should be the
same port?  I set them both to 7001, restarted--the onion had a red/white
check on it for a sec, then it went back to an onion with no check.  I
tested the browser and no connection.  Or did I misunderstand?

Eric