Re: debug.log

On 3/3/06, Michael Holstein <michael.holstein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, I thought that the debug level was only for errors. Would
> commenting out all the logging levels then cause no logging to occur at
> all? Is that probably the best way to run the tor server, or should I
> have some sort of error logging in place?

Debug is too verbose, and might include information that you wouldn't
want to have around.

Doing normal logging (>warn) is fine .. only generates a few errors when
people try dumb stuff like CONNECT:port against your DirPort, and when
you have network writes that fail (although is scrubbs the address from
those).

I run a fairly busy exit node, and my log only grows by 100k or so a day
(which newsyslog can rotate around).

~Mike.