Re: How to contact tor-ops?

We need decentralized listing. If the list server goes down, tor node will need to continue being added.

On 3/18/06, Roger Dingledine < arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 11:46:16PM +0100, linux wrote:
> today I have started a tor server. As described in the documentation I have to
> inform the tor ops about this fact.
> So I have send an email to tor-ops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx .
> But now I get an reply:
[snip]
> syverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Deferred: Connection timed out with
[snip]
> WHAT DOES IT MEAN? Who is: syverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ?

Paul Syverson is one of the Tor folks: http://tor.eff.org/people

I believe his mail is down for a day or so.

> navy.mil scares me a little bit.

It shouldn't. We need as many different groups as possible caring
about Tor and wanting anonymity. Anonymous communications on the
Internet is best defended by bringing all parties who want it into
the same camp so they carry more weight. See the first section of
http://tor.eff.org/overview for some more details.

Hope that helps,
--Roger

--
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither  Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin