[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problem starting Tor.
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Problem starting Tor.
- From: Caitlin <The_Polymorph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 12:39:56 -0800 (PST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:40:14 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=rocketmail.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=syB4YWoXmmM7BtnwRx2aWSpCWYKe+a5TlIzp84kJzveU8xJEk8MgbmYV7pNwrntrqtlkYyvZeKVKNuNIqcS7VkrI88NMbiuMlcgn4xEZ7t4XFvkXI1Q7U8lODXsOYnZFVQ7topnRawzdM5Y2h+ChBV938RBI9wceaJWee30gapk=;
- In-reply-to: <20070303080158.GD28282@moria.seul.org>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ok. I never installed the 0.1.2.8-beta but this is what occured when I
attempted to install the most recent release candidate:
Vidalia bundle 0.1.2.9RC
I downloaded and installed the bundle. In the process, the installer
notified me that I already had a torrc config file and would I like to
overwrite it? Yes. After it finished, I confirmed I would like to 'run
installed components now'. Within 10 seconds, a dark onion appeared in
my system tray with a red 'X' through it and a pop-up box appeared that
said: 'Vidalia was unable to start Tor. Check your settings to ensure
the correct name and location of your Tor executable is specified.'
I right-clicked on the onion (in the system tray) and clicked on
'settings'. The path to my tor executable is: 'C:\Program
Files\Tor\tor.exe' (no quotes). I confirmed that tor.exe is at that
location. After clicking the 'Save' button, I attempted to re-start tor
but with the same result. Re-booting the machine was also ineffective
stategy. Other steps taken? Peforming a complete search of my hard
drive (including subfolders and hidden files) for a 2nd tor.exe file
Hope this helps,
--- Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 11:25:02PM -0800, Caitlin wrote:
> > I'm attempting to start Tor (the latest release candidate as of
> > 3.3.2007) and after including the parh to the tor.exe file, tor
> > to start. I've checked for a duplicate file, a process that is
> > running, etc. and I have been unsuccessful on all fronts.
> > WinXP (SP2)
> Did 0.1.2.8-beta work for you?
> Can you clarify "refuses to start"? Be as specific as you can.
> See also http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise
Never miss an email again!
Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives.