Re: Latest tor beta exits on start

On 3/3/07, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, I think I've found the bug and fixed it.  Tor has an internal
function (nt_service_is_stopped()) that detects whether we're running
as an NT service, and if so whether the NT service wants to get shut
down.  Unfortunately, in order to detect whether it was running as an
NT service, it first tried to load the NT service functions, which
older versions of windows don't have.  D'oh! :/

I've checked in a fix that will appear in the next -rc release.  With
any luck, somebody will try building it and running it on some older
Windows version before then.

Thanks again,
--
Nick Mathewson

YVW, and thanks for all your and others work.  I will look for the next beta and try it out.

David