Re: exit node back to user

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 11:25:30AM -0500, Geoffrey Goodell wrote:

> In particular, in Tor, the traffic flowing from the exit node to the
> user has always used the same circuit as the traffic flowing from the
> user to the exit node.  Note that this is somewhat different from the
> first-cut onion router design.

As the person who did that design I would have to say, err no, that's
not true. It's always been designed for communication over a single
bidirectional circuit. There have been some alternative things
discussed that I won't raise here. But, except where raising possible
alternatives, the design documents and publications for all three
generations have described circuits and flows as having this
structure.

aloha,
Paul