Re: pop3 and smtp over ssl [was: ssh]

Michael_google gmail_Gersten wrote:
> It is my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) that Tor will
> open a new connection as needed when you ask for an exit port that the
> current connections do not support.
>
>> I would like to connect to a pop3 and smtp server over ssl (ports 995
>> and 465) via tor, but I seems that a lot of exit nodes do not allow
>> connections to these ports (even though they are always authenticated).
>> Is there a way of specifying that I only want exit nodes that allow
>> these ports?
>
> Should be automatic

Then why do my connections always time out? It is virtually impossible
to send or receive via those two ports via Tor. I am very willing to try
other things, but even with a connection time out of 10 minutes it still
times out. It might eventually find one that works, but if I can test
that before hand, I could limit the exit servers to once that work and
that would save me lot of waiting around.