Re: blog about tor and skype

>> Would you agree that Tor should be able to tunnel UDP traffic too?

> One day I'd like to support this, yes. It's hard though:

> http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#TransportIPnotTCP

Forwarding raw IP is difficult, I agree.  But it's UDP I'd like you to forward.

Considering your list:

1. irrelevant for UDP.

2. let us application authors deal with it.

3. that's just (2) in disguise.

4. I'm not sure I understand this point.  You could just forward UDP
over TCP, as long as you make sure that the entry node discards
datagrams when there's congestion.  (This basically means making sure
that your writes to the tor socket are non-blocking.)

5. irrelevant for UDP.

6. irrelevant for UDP.

                                        Juliusz