Re: Compile error w/0.1.2.9-rc on Kubuntu 6.10

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 10:59:13AM -0800, light zoo wrote:
> RE:
> <http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Mar-2007/msg00035.html>
>

> Mr. Mathewson wrote
> > Again, if any of these warnings actually trigger in
> > the code, please let me know.
>
> While not an error specified in the message above I
> did experience an error when I tried to compile on my
> Edgy Eft: (I could send the log if you would like)
>
> ----
> checking for libevent directory... configure: error:
> Could not find a linkable libevent. You can specify an
> explicit path using --with-libevent-dir
> ----
>
> I found a few pages like the following but I couldn't
> find know how to specify --with-libevent-dir:
> <http://archives.seul.org/or/cvs/Jan-2006/msg00324.html>
>
> I had the libevent1 package "libevent1_1a-1_i386.deb"
> installed before I tried to compile Tor.
>
> Am I missing something simple?

That message also sometimes occurs when you have libevent installed,
but are missing the corresponding devel package.  Look for something
called libevent-dev or libevent-devel.

(I'll try to make the message more accurate in the upcoming
0.2.0.x-alpha series, but that's not for a while.)

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson