Re: Warnings on the download page

Hello,

I just subscribed to the or-talk list and would be happy to answer any
questions related to the recent "catching pedophiles" article and the
decloak test tool. I am in the process of updating the decloak
demonstration to explain each of the tests and provide source code for
the components. What may not be obvious (especially from the ZDNet
article), is that I believe in the Tor project's goals and am not
developing these types of tests to damage the project.

I will not respond to any questions regarding the legallity of Tor traffic
capture and manipulation. I believe this is still a gray area, since it
depends on whether a Tor node qualifies as a service provider or meets
the safe harbor requirements. I will not respond to questions about what,
if any, Tor nodes I operate.

I am able to answer any technical questions related to the research I have
done (which includes generic content-detection and filtering, as well
decloaking/deanonymization tests).

Some quick URLs for anyone who needs them:

Decloak:
 - http://metasploit.com/research/misc/decloak/ (this starts Java)

Torment (outdated tor source + ruby patch):
 - http://metasploit.com/svn/torment/trunk/

-HD