Re: Warnings on the download page

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 04:12:10PM -0600, H D Moore wrote:
> I am in the process of updating the decloak
> demonstration to explain each of the tests and provide source code for
> the components. What may not be obvious (especially from the ZDNet
> article), is that I believe in the Tor project's goals and am not
> developing these types of tests to damage the project.

Hi HD,

Thanks for joining the discussion, and welcome. We (the Tor developers)
have been working mostly on making Tor itself work, and hoping that
other people would step up to help us figure out how to safely configure
the supporting applications (web browsers, etc). We could sure use some
help. :)

The current simplest advice I can give people is to remove all plugins:
http://tor.eff.org/download.html.en#Warning
Do you have any suggestions on safe ways to back off from that?

Thanks,
--Roger