[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Security Focus story
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Security Focus story
- From: "Alexander W. Janssen" <alexander.janssen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 08:37:58 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:38:07 -0500
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=dZ9V+ABirclH7i7ZgFnLeHmVdiZhpwSRzfHWHIt+u6VMghttiNvI5Af72BxBbVEEOXkcmUDpBYzRSGCL3VdkihCT/zr3dMQIjtgIv3n1AeRJW+3JWULaROSmrhFdq2bTSOvoA+5snG9EXvtRPiRVVMJiV28gTIkkfx5xUFaH7uw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=f+7Z/AgYvCnHdlTCPhdibpF+SbzyJDq6GuTFvslUkmdK2x0rJ36cu2rw8VxyBKhz9dV2lVlk66siEAyOpSZTrfIwsdxijwnJ2reJqHdjlsWylTgGm4Iry0BAK8nkTQ0DLOllPQA7YEfbBpc6+PFZ5E1ilVQCfnW1Gm3batL9Cks=
- In-reply-to: <45F0F110.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <45F0F110.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 3/9/07, James Muir <jamuir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A quote which worries me:
"Tor servers meet the definition of an Internet service provider,
which means that operators are not required to know what data passed
through the server, said Kevin Bankston, staff attorney with the
Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)"
If TOR would legally qualify as an ISP, we're in deep trouble.
Keyword: the upcoming data-retention laws in Europe.
"I am tired of all this sort of thing called science here... We have spent
millions in that sort of thing for the last few years, and it is time it
should be stopped."
-- Simon Cameron, U.S. Senator, on the Smithsonian Institute, 1901.