Re: Tor server crashes on a Linksys WRT54GL

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 03:20:15AM -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> > I am using a Linksys WRT54GL with OpenWRT (White Russian RC6).

> How much ram does your linksys have? I hear they have been selling
> them with less and less ram to discourage people from using them for
> anything, so the newer it is the less likely it will run Tor (or heck,
> Linux) well.

Newer WRT54GS and similar models have less RAM because they run a
proprietery embedded OS rather than Linux. However, Linksys are aware
that many people bought their models for homebrew hacking, so they
released the WRT54GL which has more RAM for Linux hacking.

Dave
--
Dave Page <grimoire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Jabber: grimoire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx