Re: Exit Node vs. Middleman Requirements

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 09:14:03PM +0100, morphium wrote:
> Rouslan Nabioullin wrote:
> >Just wondering, is the Tor network in need of more bandwidth\servers?
> yes!
>
> >If so, are more exit-nodes or middle-man nodes required?
> more exit nodes, because every exit node can be a middleman

Right. We have something like 900 Tor servers right now, and they're
trying to handle traffic from a few hundred thousand active users pushing
perhaps a gigabit of traffic each way on average. That's not a good
ratio. :)

Around a third of the available bandwidth is from exit nodes. So we
could sure use more exit nodes too.

--Roger