Re: Is this a Tor exit node connecting to me?

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 03:20:10 -0700 Pei Hanru <peihanru@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>On 2007-3-25 2:32 CST(UTC+8), Joseph B. Kowalski wrote:
>> So anyways, I have implemented a Tor DNSBL server interface. The
>
>> address of the DNSBL is "tor.dnsbl.nighteffect.us".
>
>Cool!

Hi Hanru,

Thanks!

>A small issue. When I query the DNSBL server for my slow,
>middleman only
>(reject *:*) server, it returns 127.0.0.2. Is it a good idea to
>include
>non-exit Tor servers in this list?

Yes, since when you are performing the first type of query, you are
simply asking whether an IP address is an active Tor server or not,
of any kind. Now, if anyone wanted to see if your Tor server would
exit to their location or not, they could perform the second type
of query (See my original post for details on the two query types,
if necessary), which, in your case, would always return NXDOMAIN
since you don't allow any exiting.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Joe Kowalski