Re: Please RTM!...Re: Please don't recommend Tor Button!

light zoo <lightzook@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > If the Tor button extension would indeed
> > remove these settings permanently, I'd consider
> > JT's concerns valid.
>
> TorButton handles these correctly and does not route
> them into Privoxy, it just breaks them with a zero
> port...which is what was recommended by the Tor devs.
> when Scott Squires when building TorButton (as far I
> as remember).
>
> There is no need set those up to go into Privoxy if
> the port is zero.

Is that a guess or did you actually verify that?
If you did, which Firefox version were you using?

At least for:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070306 Firefox/2.0.0.2
proxy port 0 means "ignore the proxy IP and use a direct
connection". I would be very surprised if the behaviour
would be platform-dependent.

Fabian