Re: [off topic] More 'bad press' for online anonymity/freedom of speech

> This article appears on the BBC's website today & can be repsonded to
> (possibly with some good counter-arguments in favour of online
> anonymity/freedom of speech) via the link below & NOT HERE on this mailing
> list as the subject is off-topic.
>
> "Call for blogging code of conduct"
>
> The support for a blogger hounded by death threats has intensified with
> some high profile web experts calling for a code of conduct in the
> blogosphere.

In related off-topic news,

A swedish nobody named Magnus Ljungkvist went all over the Swedish press march
28th and agressively attacked anonymity with the slogan ""I don't debate
masked people" and claimed anonymity is "a threat to democracy". Swedish
blogger Petter Nilsson managed to get a great defence story into SVT, the
Swedish governments primary propaganda vessel, where he makes very valid
points defending anonymity:

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=35188&a=794009&lid=puff_795126&lpos=lasMer

It's a great read - if you understand Swedish. He basically argues that it
doesn't matter as much if you say something anonymously or not compared to
what is actually said, and points out that most of the intelligent comments
on his blog are written anonymously.