[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Proxifier Socks4a leaks with Tor?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Proxifier Socks4a leaks with Tor?
- From: Kope Hatter <steelcatch@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 19:39:38 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 22:39:52 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=AEiNUB0MdIbyDDI77dUpvfiILWo9simEYhVbV2v5h7Rbtzppa10ExhUn+7zDiPlN0F1uB6aVKUimC5BeQq1P3ndahyYvlSLHOgUbcTp5MN9fmaCLEKVlPWADX403/e+BA2DjIKEoNBRVgcsmD28LP3hefGF0zE+G/niRHhKlIRg=;
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I use a Windows program called Proxifier that
routes all applications to connect to Tor. I find
Proxifier very useful in allowing Tor to connect to
proxies set in Firefox by an external program (Hide IP
Platinum). I think it's easier than editing the
Privoxy config to stick open proxies at the end of an
exit node. My only concern with Proxifier is that
Vidalia is giving me warnings about only receiving an
IP address from Socks4. In Proxifier, I have entered
IP:127.0.0.1 Port:9050 and have selected the Socks4a
option. Why does Vidalia/Tor think I'm only using
Socks4? Does anyone have experience with Proxifier?
How does it resolve hostnames in Socks4a? Thanks.
Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels
in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel to find your fit.