Re: Excluding domains

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Lanthanaël <lanthanael@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We have a litlle bit missunderstanding. What I mean is that Tor don't
> use this circuits and that I don't have to configure my browser to don't
> use Tor for this domains. Tor shoud be able to drop away connections
> with this domain endings.

In that case, your only option right now is to exclude those nodes by
hand using "ExcludeNodes ..." in torrc.

The process of finding out which nodes to exclude can be automated
somewhat by writing your own script that inspects the
"cached-consensus" file in your tor config directory (assuming you're
using v0.2.0.x), and the "geoip-cache" file in the Vidalia config
directory. I have supplied a sample of just such a script before:
<http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Jan-2008/msg00469.html>

I won't count on a similar feature being built into Tor in the
forseeable future; reducing the pool of possible nodes is bad for
anonymity.

Cheers,
John