Changing configuration depending on local IP?

Hi,

My laptop is running tor, and its connectivity to the global Interned
depends on where I connecti it to.  I'd like to change the tor
configuration depending on my IP address.

More precisely, I'd like to usually run as a client in the default confi-
guration, as a client behind a paranoid firewall if I'm in 192.168.4.0/24,
and as a server if I'm on a certain (globally routable) prefix.

Yes, I know I could manage with a bunch of sed scripts in if-up.d, but
it would be much more convenient if I could just tell tor about the
various IP prefixes and be done with that.

                                        Juliusz