Re: Tor server behind NAT on Vista,, Update,,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 02:04:14AM -0700, algenon_flower@xxxxxxxxx wrote 7.5K bytes in 56 lines about:
:   One thing I noticed, right now Tor Bandwidth Usage GUI tells me recv:24.56 MB and Sent: 69.23 MB  I am allowing my server to act as Directory Mirror, but, troubling discrepancy between Recv and Sent.  Anyone have a clue about that?

The FAQ has most of your answers,
https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#TrafficNotBalanced

:    Also, on my machine behind NAT and SPI hardware firewall I am also running Zone Alarm. ZA's logs show a high rate of blocked intrusion attempts, I am currently tracking down some using Whois,, I guess that is just part of the game running a server,,,Comments welcome,, :)

This is a partial answer,
https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#Portscans.  In
general, ZA is probably just detecting traffic on various ports and
considers it an attack.  I don't think ZA assumes you're running a
server, and therefore it won't know how to handle connections not
originating locally.

Thanks for donating the bandwidth and running a server!

--
Andrew