Re: Torlock - a simple script to prevent outgoing packets from bypassing Tor.

On 03/01/10 11:38, Kyle Williams wrote:
You might want to look at JanusVM.

I can't quite tell; I'm guessing that JanusVM uses a VPN(TUN/TAP) to redirect all host packets to the VM - thereby blocking any "loose" packets? (any non-TOR interaction with the ISP - which may be a hotspot)?

TIA

[]

This script, named Torlock, does the following things when used to start
Tor:
- Creates a special user named torlock by default (if you run it first time
  or have removed that user after previous Tor session).
- Uses Iptables to block network access for everyone except for torlock.
- Setuids to torlock and starts Tor. Tor will be started in background mode,
  and its output redirected to a file.

When used to stop Tor, it stops Tor, unlocks network access, and
(optionally)
removes torlock user.
[]
Nice!  Thank You