Re: Full bandwidth is not used.

Dear Tor folks,

Am Montag, den 01.03.2010, 22:21 +0100 schrieb Paul Menzel:
> my Tor server is running for over three days now, but the average
> bandwidth usage shown by ARM [1] is only 100 KB/s for uploaded and
> downloaded. The usage increased during the first two days but has
> stagnated now.
>
> I am using the default `/etc/tor/torrc` so bandwidth should be limited
> by 5 MB/s by default, which is also shown by ARM.
>
>         Bandwidth (cap: 5 MB, burst: 10 MB):

[ â Pasted warnings seem unrelated. See other subthread. ]

I can see no related messages in `/var/log/tor/log`.

> Testing the bandwidth by for example downloading a big file shows that
> higher bandwidth is available.
>
> Tor 0.2.0.35
> OR Port: 443
> Dir Port: 80
>
> Could you please help me how I can find out, what is limiting Tor to use
> the full available bandwidth.

I noticed

        [NOTICE] Performing bandwidth self-test...done.

in `/var/log/tor/log`. Can this be used somehow to figure out if there
is a problem?

I also checked with arm that the used file descriptors are below the
maximum allowed ones.

I am out of ideas. It would be really nice, if someone could help,
because otherwise the paid traffic volume will be wasted.

Thanks,

Paul