[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Tor process dies sometimes (debian relay)
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Tor process dies sometimes (debian relay)
- From: Michael Gomboc <michael.gomboc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:00:51 -0500
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:01:02 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=ONV8L4oRb22ohjDqF8Ttig4BEM602BCv/0w5Hmk9XLk=; b=tocFPBD8SiM4C+BoGTAWFU7SmcZMOCDYbSk2ihdxzBCCFWM2AYGxk+QoC78hM7ocuV JGdEHI80rQzKrzl8H0r7Dnsevf8iIM7iR+guTCHnRhYfMgaksA0afQ/wMDhwEJR/K7rT SAruC38OTVbff3nCfTZcZJ/id9TMKy+KNuYzg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=c5NxhCr0bNcEb0IcgEsB6jjqzTn2CeKnkqgjP7XPUgHtVhO4lAjASqNIV+h3fuc7fR Mj+/LCQ1ma2fWgxwTDOktjXszCJr05zPcRPLw8OIA3idkZRLXnDZNt12JbvrGGgY8C39 F08yEl/GxNyB0+h63tT5btc/c2Tn87rLh0KuA=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I hope somebody can give me some hints about that.
I'm running Tor (0.2.1.22-1~~~etch+1) as an relay on my debian server.
I have bandwidth limits enabled and normally it works well. But now I realized that the Tor process dies sometimes. (so far 2 times)
The last log entries before the process died:
Mar 08 17:38:32.889 [notice] Bandwidth soft limit reached; commencing hibernation.
Mar 08 21:11:22.294 [notice] Going dormant. Blowing away remaining connections.
Mar 09 00:00:00.980 [notice] Configured hibernation. This interval began at 2010-03-09 00:00:00; the scheduled wake-up time is 2010-03-09 00:00:54; we expect to exhaust our quota for this interval around 2010-03-09 23:59:54; the next interval begins at 2010-03-10 00:00:00 (all times local)
Mar 09 00:00:00.980 [notice] Accounting period ended. This period, we will hibernate until 2010-03-08 23:00:54 GMT
Mar 09 00:00:54.024 [notice] Hibernation period ended. Resuming normal activity.
Mar 09 00:00:54.024 [notice] Opening OR listener on 0.0.0.0:9001
Now I let cron check the Tor process to inform me when Tor has died. But I'm not sure what happened to the process.
Did anybody see that before?