Re: [tor-talk] Excito's B3 and TOR

On 03/03/2011 04:48 AM, Runa A. Sandvik wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Håken Hveem <krbjhvee@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> I have mentioned Tor and Excito in :
>> http://isprins.blogspot.com/2010/12/excito-b3-and-internet-freedom.html

Since i mailed Excito and Tor and suggested that a cooperation to create
the worlds first box with a built in  Tor router, the developers of Tor
got a pair of free B3 units to play around with.

>> The Result:
>>
>> Tor will be included in B3's software by default, and can be set as
>> a client, bridge, non-exit relay, or exit relay. The only thing
>> remaining is this bug:
>>
>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/2594
>>
>> Tor functions should be available when Excito releases a update of
>> the software, so a simple update from the web interface should
>> suffice.
>>
>> It is also mentioned on my blog:
>> http://isprins.blogspot.com/2011/03/excitos-b3-and-tor.html
>
> Thanks for the links. I am going to take a closer look at #2594 this
> month and I'm hoping that we'll see a usable web interface for Tor
> configuration on the B3 real soon.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions.

It's probably the case that we'll want the Tor package on the B3
platform to enable tor-fw-helper by default.

All the best,
Jake