[tor-talk] Updated Firefox Warning - Updated Language Pack.

I was updated to Firefox 3.6.14 for Ubuntu yesterday (I believe)  Today, when using an American IP, I went to www.hotmail.com and began to sign up.  It offered me hotmail.co.uk or live.co.uk addresses.  I live in the UK.  I am using TorButton and NoScript.  Obviously, this concerned me.  I checked my language in Preferences / Content / Languages which showed en-us (rather than en-gb).

Anyhow, it turns out the issue was that when Firefox was updated, the language pack was also updated.  In Add-ons / Languages my language pack was shown as en-GB.  Hence, Hotmail assumed I was in the UK.

This was confirmed by checking about:config with the search term en-GB.

Disabling the language pack and then connecting to Hotmail again after deleting cookies meant Hotmail offered me hotmail.com or live.com.

Hopefully this information will be of use.