Re: [tor-talk] torrc consistency

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 2:56 PM,  <bertagaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Seems that there are already kind of a convention in the way it is
> written :
>
> - Lines starting with '## ' are descriptions of a block of items
> - Lines starting with '#' are commented items.
> - Items are in the form of 'Item value'
> - Items sometimes have short descriptions/examples following them on the
> Âsame line, beginning by a #
>
> The last point is the one that lacks consistency. Sometimes items
> descriptions/examples are on top of the concerned item, sometimes on the
> same line, right after the item.
>
> That would make the job easier if there was a clear convention for this
> file, and if it was applied correctly everywhere.
>
> What do you think? What would be the best way to write this file?

Sounds to me that everything after a '#' is a comment, like in pretty
much every other config file or scripting language. How can this be a
problem?
Why should Config::Model even bother about comments?

Also, "if it was applied correctly everywhere" will obviously break if
one allows the user to modify the file, and if the user modifications
are valid syntax.

It seems that I have missed something that you find important.