Re: [tor-talk] seeking someone to fix a Tor rpm bug

Hey Marco!

* Marco Bonetti <sid77@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2011:03:10 12:10 +0100]:
> > Primarily I am worried about the upgrade scenario and changing groups
> > in a way that doesn't break previous versions of the packages.
> Could you elaborate a bit on the issues?
> So far my understanding is that "--with-tor-group" should not be called
> anymore during configure, so a patch would be to just remove
> "--with-tor-group=%{torgroup}" from the rpm spec %configure line :-P

Yes, you could just remove that. But do you need to change the group for all of
the people who already have a _tor group created upon upgrade? Should you
delete the group from existing systems altogether? Is it as simple as just
removing all of the other torgroup mentions from the .spec (and there are quite
a lot of them)? Does it do the right thing when it gets installed for a new
user as well?

I suspect for a new user it's fine. It's the transition part I don't know about
(and realistically don't have enough time for to make sure I do a very good
job with, which is why I'd prefer to ask someone who knows more about it than I do).