Re: [tor-talk] Operating system updates / software installation behind Tor Transparent Proxy

> "proper proper" <proper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> [...]
>

> You can easily do so by separating traffic at user level (root vs. regular
> users).  Why do we need a special package for such a simple task?
> >

> That's not possible. Everything behind the transparent proxy, root or regular
> user, has only two options, use Tor or nothing.
>
> As I said, setting up two
> Tor instances, that is two running tor
> processes with different TransPort's,
> solves that problem.

I think I got now what you mean. This is not the issue.

What I seek here is some statement from the Tor devs. Either projects such as "TorBOX" (mine); "JanusVM"; "Easy and secure anonymous internet usage by ra"; "TorVM"; "another TorVM" are "okay" (in terms of download traffic, operating software updates and legitimate software downloads), "killing the network", "okay until..." or something like that.