Re: [tor-talk] Operating system updates / software installation behind Tor Transparent Proxy

> It's my impression that signed packages aren't a priority
> for the BSDs in general.

It will happen when one of their mirrors gets rooted, or one of
their devs gets their machine, and thus their dev account, rooted.
The kernel.org, gnu/fsf and debian[?] incidents all come to mind.
Too bad it seems we'll have to wait for that. Not that this is a
strike against them... the projects are likely simply busy.

Signing packages isn't enough... the chain has to go all the
way back to the repo itself. git (dragonflybsd) makes that
possible easily. svn (freebsd), cvs (openbsd, netbsd) don't.

Sorry, off topic.