Re: [tor-talk] A bug in the Tor Browser Bundle?

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 19:44:12 -0500
Chris Wheeler <grintor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am hosting a tor exit server named grintor. I noticed that if I try
> to specify my exit server in the TBB using the .exit TLD it doesn't
> work. I have tried to go to google.com.grintor.exit to no avail. It
> also does not work with any other exit servers I have tried.

You need to set this in your torrc:

AllowDotExit 0|1

    If enabled, we convert "www.google.com.foo.exit" addresses on the
    SocksPort/TransPort/NATDPort into "www.google.com" addresses that
    exit from the node "foo". Disabled by default since attacking
    websites and exit relays can use it to manipulate your path
    selection. (Default: 0)

From https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual.html.en

--
Andrew