Re: [tor-talk] Tor and HTTPS graphic

> Thanks to Mark Klein, we know that the NSA wiretaps in the US are
> passive in nature, not active.

We know that *back then* *one* of their possible tap systems was
passive. All thanks due of course.

> But who knows what they do [...]

... today, to whoever.

> I don't think The Man can correlate millions of simultaneous web
> page views and expect to have certainty over who is viewing what
> at all times. At some point, you simply run out of differentiating
> bits to extract from size and timing information to properly
> segment the userbase.

It's now possible to do well timed rx/tx at 10Gb line rate on a
single commodity system (FreeBSD, Linux)...

http://www.ntop.org/products/nprobe/

http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/netmap/
http://www.ntop.org/products/pf_ring/

http://www.ntop.org/blog/